March 13: Updated information about our annual membership meeting
Hello Unity Members,
As you know, we postponed our annual membership meeting, originally scheduled for March 8th. Your board of trustees has rescheduled this meeting for Sunday, March 22 at 12 noon.
The meeting will be held online. This was not an easy decision, but given the average age of our members, public health recommendations, and our desire to make the meeting as accessible as possible to all our members, we decided to move forward with this format.
Here are a few things for you to know:
· If you are a member and do not have online access to attend this meeting, please let Monica know as soon as possible. We will make arrangements for you to be able to attend.
· To accommodate the new meeting date, know that you may still request an absentee ballot, through March 19. Effective Monday, March 16, both online and paper absentee ballots will be available. If you have already requested and returned an absentee ballot, you do not need to do so again.
· The link to the meeting will be available at www.unityofbellevue.org/launch by 11:30 am on March 22. Simply go to that web page and click on the link. The meeting will start at 12 noon.
· You will be required to register. Your registration will serve as our member registration for purposes of member tally.
· There will be an open Q&A as part of the meeting. You will have the opportunity to ask questions of your board, as you typically do, just in an online format.
Your board of trustees recognizes that this is an unusual approach to our annual meeting. And these unpredictable times require a response that leads to as much clarity and certainty as we can generate. It felt more important to us to be able to move ahead quickly with an online option than to hold our meeting until this COVID 19 situation eases up later in the Spring.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we sort out the most responsible approach to these interesting times. And please remember: as convenanted members, we are looking to you for your financial support as our approach to delivering our mission and our message evolves. Know that our March giving currently stands at about 59% of where we were at this time of the month in February and 57% of where we were at this time in January. Please join us in shifting that trend today: www.unityofbellevue.org/give.
See you on March 22. Meantime, stand with us in the conviction that God is good, Peace pervades all, Wholeness is revealed.
Susan Neidig, Board of Trustee President
Rev. Marla Mason, Senior Minister
PS: Don’t forget to join us online this Sunday morning—10 am meditation and 10:30 am gathering—where you’ll receive inspiration and support for moving through this time gracefully and lovingly. Find the link at www.unityofbellevue.org/launch. And please check our website for all our recent communications about our center’s walk with COVID 19.